There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £12.01-15.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 07/05/21
To support a Norwich based gentlemen with Cerebral Palsy and learning disabilities to access the community and to provide encouragement and companionship.
Location: Norwich, NR1
‘C’ is seeking a motivational character who enjoys making a difference to someone’s life. ‘C’ is primarily independent in his own home, however, when outside ‘C’ requires guidance and prompting due to a lack of spatial awareness.
Over the weekend you will take ‘C’ shopping for his weekend food requirements and assist him if he has trouble while attempting to pay for the items purchased as he sometimes gets flustered. Again, assistance will be required cooking dinner for the both of you, however, your role will be one of empowerment, not taking over the situation. The same applies to clearing up after dinner.
‘C’ particularly likes going to the cinema and if the weather is poor enjoys watching James Bond movies at home. Otherwise, most of the time you will be out and about with ‘C’ making the most of the day.
This is a fun job, offering the chance to work with a bright and intelligent individual who has a great sense of humour.
This role may be of interest to students who are seeking a career in a social care setting and are seeking practical experience in this field.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Bubbly, motivated individual.
- Young at heart.
- Enjoys listening to music and going to the cinema.
- some understanding of the barriers facing disabled people.
- Shared interests, ‘C’ is a James Bond fanatic.
- Car owner/driver with relevant business insurance.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £12 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
- Hours and times of work: One weekend per month for 10 hours total. 5 hours Saturday starting at Midday and the same on Sunday. You will be working in conjunction with another support worker and there may be the opportunity to change shifts with them. The monthly rota is agreed well in advance.
The post is subject to the following
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.