There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 26/02/21
Job Purpose: S is a lively 13-year-old girl with cerebral palsy, which mainly affects her physically. She is a fulltime wheelchair user who has limited gross and fine motor skills. She can get very anxious in certain situations, which can result in difficult behaviour.
Location: Smallburgh, NR12.
Details: The role would initially require you to build a really good bond with S in the home environment to give the family some time out. S would be looking to have days out with you in the future, both alone and to support family days out.
N.B – Please note that your employer in this instance will be S’s mum.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Able to build a good rapport with S.
- Knowledge and understanding of behaviour management strategies.
- Willing and able to undertake personal care, as S needs full support with toileting.
- A car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance would be advantageous, but not essential, as we live on a bus route.
- Happy to work around our friendly Labrador and in a busy family environment.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £10 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 4 hour shift each weekend plus additional 8 hour shift each week during school holidays. Hours to be arranged flexibly to suit both parties.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.