There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 26/02/21
Job Purpose: I’m a woman in my early 30s, living with chronic pain. Your role will be to assist me to live my life to the full.
Location: Norwich NR3.
- Personal care including assisting me to shower and dress.
- Assistance with medication including sorting it into Dossett boxes.
- Domestic support including laundry and all aspects of cleaning my home.
- Accompanying me to get out and about when I feel well enough (and lockdown is over), e.g. to the cinema, swimming or just to get some fresh air. If we go out in the car, you will need to push me in my manual wheelchair and load it in and out of the car, otherwise I use a motorised wheelchair for trips out.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
Friendly, fun and cheerful.
- Organisational skills.
- Flexible with working hours and tasks.
- A car owner/driver with suitable business insurance would be advantageous, but not essential.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 10 hours per week to be worked 2 hours each day Monday-Friday, times negotiable. More hours may be available as required.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.