There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 01/03/21
To provide support to an 18-year-old girl with disabilities, building her confidence and independence and allowing respite opportunities for her parents.
Location: Near Diss
Our daughter is a happy, bright 18-year-old who happens to have Downs Syndrome, ASD and associated sensory processing difficulties. She loves music, clothes and makeup. Her hobbies include gymnastics, dancing, drawing, TikTok and eating out. She may also enjoy going to pop concerts, shopping or meeting with friends.
It is important as she approaches adulthood that she has a reliable companion(s) so that she has others, besides her parents that she can trust. Ideally, you would be able to take her out at weekends as this is when the activities she enjoys, such as her dance group and gymnastics take place. While out you will be required to support her with managing her money and belongings, encourage her to maintain independence safely (i.e. verbal reminders for washing hands, complying with Covid 19 precautions, ensuring regular drinks are consumed and road safety) as well as reminding of appropriate behaviour when necessary. Eventually, when a bond has been built it would be great for you to have an occasional evening at home together, to enable us to go out.
Of equal importance is to have lots of fun!
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Outgoing, assertive and responsible
- A friendly, kind and patient personality with a fun outlook on life
- Enjoyment of pop music and tech savvy
- Car owner/driver with relevant business insurance
- flexible in hours worked
- Experience of people with ASD and/or learning disabilities, maybe a student studying in this field
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £12 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
- Hours and times of work: flexible, will include weekend working, to be discussed further at interview. Hours to gradually increase once rapport built. Potentially up to 450 hours available per year. Job share considered.
The post is subject to the following
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.