There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £12.01-15.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 01/03/21
Job Purpose: To provide companionship to a gentleman with schizophrenia and OCD and support him with household admin and light domestic tasks.
Location: Norwich, NR4.
- Washing up and similar domestic tasks.
- Checking of items of clothing before I wash them in case, I’ve left anything in the pockets.
- Sorting my post and assisting with household admin.
- Having a good chat, as I am fairly isolated and enjoy company.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Experience of supporting someone with mental illness.
- Open minded and non-judgemental.
- Respectful of my wishes.
- Able to work on your own initiative.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £12.24 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 3 hours per week to be worked 1.5 hours each on a Monday and Friday morning, times to be arranged at interview to suit both parties.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.