There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 12/03/21
Job Purpose: I’m a young mum with a 1-year old son and I enjoy swimming, gaming and YouTube. I have a visual impairment and mild mental health and physical disabilities, and your role will be to provide support to me while my partner is at work.
- Support with housework including all aspects of cleaning.
- Meal preparation.
- Supporting me in my parenting role including assisting me to care for my son and take him out and about.
- Assisting me with household admin including reading correspondence and supporting me to pay bills.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Car owner/driver with a clean driving licence and suitable business use insurance.
- Experience of providing support to young adults and young children.
- Experience of working with people with a visual impairment, however sighted guide training will be provided.
- Happy to work around dogs, as I am currently on the waiting list for a guide dog.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour.
- Hours and times of work: 8 hours per week ideally to be worked from 5-7pm on a Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening, with some flexibility required.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.