There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 14/08/20
Job Purpose: This is a social care position, supporting a friendly and active gentleman with everyday community and social activities.
Location: Hellesdon, Norwich
To share a game of snooker, play Pitch & Putt, go shopping or possibly to a meditation class with me. I also enjoy bowling, archery & darts.
I have epilepsy and have a VNS implant which is used to treat my seizures. Full training will be provided and you will be supported by another colleague at all times.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance.
• Able to support with occasional seizure management.
• Caring, friendly and chatty with a good sense of humour.
• Similar interests would be an advantage
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour.
• You won’t normally be required to work on a bank holiday – I may move your hours to be worked at a different time instead.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 10am-2pm each Thursday and Friday plus plenty of relief cover available. This can be discussed in more detail at interview.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.