There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 27/09/19
Job Purpose: I’m a 44-year-old married mum of 3 teenage children. I have arthritis, fibromyalgia and other health conditions, and I require your support to enable my children and I to maintain our independence.
• Assisting me with my personal care including washing and dressing.
• Domestic support including all aspects of cleaning, laundry and cooking family meals.
• Supporting my children and I to access social activities and attend appointments. This will involve driving us in your own vehicle as necessary.
• Assisting me to ensure that my children feel supported at all times and to maintain a calm home environment for them – two of my children have additional needs.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance.
• Flexibility with working hours, especially during the school holidays.
• Adaptable with work tasks.
• Calm and supportive personality.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.91 per hour.
• Hours and times of work: 10 hours per week to be worked 5 hours on a Monday and 5 hours on a Friday, plus 45 flexible hours to be worked during school holidays. Some flexibility with working ours is required to accommodate appointments and social activities, particularly during the school holidays.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.