There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 31/05/20
Support Worker (Days or Nights)
Location: Treehaven, West Runton, Cromer
Salary: £9.15 per hour with night working and overtime enhancements available, up to £10.15 per hour
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
At Jeesal Residential Care Services, we specialise in providing a caring and nurturing environment to support people a learning disability live fulfilling lives and have been supporting people with complex needs for over 30 years.
We are currently seeking Support Workers to join our fantastic team at Treehaven Residential Home in West Runton, Cromer on days or nights. Full Time or Part Time options available.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team that values respect, dignity and empathy and make a real contribution to the quality of our service users lives.
Support Worker Responsibilities:
- Provide support to individuals in a respectful, sensitive, compassionate and person-centred manner in all aspects of their daily living.
- To support service users to develop their skills in various activities of daily living.
- Promote independence and development of appropriate skills and relationships to enable service users to make full use of community facilities.
- Support service users to lead full lives and develop a range of relationships.
- Support service users flexibly in response to their changing needs and aspirations and feedback from the individual and family members.
- Be a positive link with families and others important to the service user.
- Support the development and implementation of individual person-centred plans.
Support Worker Requirements
- Desirable but not essential to have an NVQ 2 or a Diploma in Health and Social care or be working towards this.
- Positive attitude and commitment to the individual, their development and the Service as a whole.
- Objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our tenants.
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable and able to work a variety of shift patterns including weekends, earlies, lates and long days.
- Communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation.
Benefits of becoming a Support Worker:
- £9.15 per hour with night working and overtime enhancements available, up to £10.15 per hour
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development
- Annual Leave entitlement of 28 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Perkbox Employee Discount Scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24 hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- We will pay for your DBS Check
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Support Workers, then please apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS Check.