There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 30/06/19
Trust, Integrity, Quality, Collaboration, Compassion, Responsibility, Innovation
At Jeesal Cawston Park Hospital, our mission is to provide a caring and nourishing Centre of Excellence, supporting people with learning disabilities to lead fulfilling lives.
We have opportunities for Learning Disability Support Workers and we welcome applications from both experienced and inexperienced candidates, as full training will be provided. Above all, we are looking for compassionate people like you, who share our values.
If that sounds like you, and you want to make a genuine difference to peoples lives, apply today and let us welcome you to a truly meaningful career with Jeesal.
We have Full time, part time and bank opportunities available and shifts include night shifts, day shifts and weekend work on a rota basis.
Cawston Park Hospital is located approximately 11 miles north of Norwich near to the towns of Aylsham and Reepham.
Starting Salary from £8.26 to £8.75 ph, depending on experience. Additional higher pay bandings for additional responsibilities and vocational qualifications.
Support Worker – Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Be a role model for patients and be actively involved in engaging patients in daily activities, educational programme, behavioural support programmes and leisure / recreational activities.
- You will accompany patients to their external activities, appointments, visits and events as required.
- You shall be actively involved with patient needs lead educational and therapeutic activities to aid rehabilitation in accordance with a patient’s 24 hour individual timetable of events/ activities.
- Support the Charge Nurse, Nurses’ and Senior Support Workers with duties designated to them.
Jeesal Cawston Park is a private hospital registered with Care Quality Commission (CQC) providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation within picturesque grounds.
Jeesal Cawston Park Hospital (JCP) provides assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services. We have three main units which offer support in both locked and open rehabilitation. The units support people with learning disabilities who are experiencing distressed behaviour.
We have a number of single bespoke service provisions for people who find living with others difficult, together with flats where we support people to improve their independent skills prior to discharge.
As well as our Hospital in Cawston we have homes situated in Norwich, Cromer, Buxton, North Walsham, Fakenham and surrounding areas.
Pay and benefits
As a Support Worker at Jeesal Cawston Park, you will benefit from:
- Competitive Salary.
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development.
- Additional hourly bonus for weekend hours – £2.00 per hour. (Subject to conditions).
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24 hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- We will pay for your DBS Check – All successful candidates must undergo an Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service Check – Please note that a criminal record does not necessarily bar you from employment with Jeesal.
- We also know that we have some of the most caring and compassionate staff around, and because of this we are offering opportunities to our Support Workers to apply for the Nursing Apprentice Scheme. This is available to anyone who has 12 months service with Jeesal, and you don’t need any previous qualifications. Apprentices will not have to pay for their training, you will earn while you learn on the job.
Support Staff Pay Bandings:
Trainee Support Worker – Band 1 (Probationary)
No experience in care sector – £16,110 (£8.26 ph)
Support Worker – Band 2
Has Successfully completed probation period or has previous experience in care sector – £17,065 (£8.75 ph)
Support Worker – Band 3
Competent in role with additional responsibilities – £17,543 (£9.00 ph)
Support Worker – Band 4
As above, plus NVQ in Social Care or Equivalent – £18,517 (£9.50 ph)
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable DBS disclosure.