Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To provide support for 16yr old boy with complex health needs, to enable him to become more independent, engage socially and improve confidence.
My son is an active 16 year old who needs support with socialising/accessing the community. He has ADHD, Tourettes, dyslexia and dyspraxia, a mild nut allergy and Anxiety/depression. He has recently finished school and is considering college in September. I would like someone who can take him out so that he can engage with more independent activities.
He enjoys photography playing pool and fishing and has tried various clubs, but would benefit from support to engage with activities. He is actively looking for part time work and would like his P.A. to help with this and maybe go along a few times to settle him in when he finds a job.
May include other duties, to be discussed
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Sociable/good communication skills
- Full UK driving licence/own car
- Shared Interests
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: Flexible/negotiable, to include some evenings. A total of 188 hours per annum.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.