There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Support Worker – Bank – Approach Community Homes
£7.50-£8.50 + benefits. Per Hour
Closing Date: 14/04/17
Support Worker – Bank.
Required in our small home in Hunstanton for young men with learning disabilities.
- To motivate, lead and encourage the residents to participate in a fuller daily life and in the running of the home.
- To ensure the maintenance and promotion of highest possible standard with regard to quality of life and homely environment in the home in accordance with the aims and objectives of the organisation.
- To participate in the shared implementation of care plans for the clients including provision for their physical, emotional, personal, intellectual and social well being needs.
- To ensure the maintenance of a good domestic standard with regard to cleaning, catering, maintenance and security of the home.
- To encourage the active participation of volunteers and residents’ relatives and friends in the activities of the home.
- To organise and participate in appropriate leisure or other activities within or outside the home.
- To attend meetings and discussions as required.
- To maintain good working relationship with other professionals, i.e. General Practitioners, Care Managers, Psychologists, Chiropodist, Consultants etc. or other people with significant interest in the client.
- To maintain close contacts with the local community through relationships with neighbours and friends.
- To carry out such other duties appropriate to the post as might be allocated by the Team Leader and or the Manager necessary for the efficient running of the home.
- To participate in internal and external staff training and development.
- Maintain an up to date records and write reports on residents in accordance with organisation’s policy.
- Account for residents’ and homes monies in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- To work on a rota basis, including sleep-in duties to maintain 24 hour staff cover.
- To attend any Team and other internal meetings as requested
- To attend relevant training and personal development opportunities in order to fulfil the requirements of the post
- To adhere to all APPROACH policies and procedures and assist the organisation in developing, implementing and monitoring them, including Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety policies
- To carry out any other duties relevant to the post as directed by the Director.
You will be covering annual leave and sickness as well as additional hours as required by the service. Possible opportunity for permanent regular hours.
Please visit our website:
For application pack please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01485 535299 for further information