There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Dimensions (NSO) Ltd
Closing Date: 12/04/21
Support Worker – Aylsham
Hourly rate – £8.91
Hours – Full Time (37.5 per week)
About the role
Dimensions is looking for a caring Support Worker to support three women living in their own bungalow who are between the ages of 55-65, in Aylsham, Norfolk .
Currently they enjoy knitting, crocheting and cooking when at home as well as listening to music and watching films. As things start to open up again, they like to go shopping as well as taking short trips out and going on holiday together each year.
There is manual handling involved; including pushing wheelchairs and hoisting. All aspects of personal care and medication administration will also be required. Full training will be provided.
This is a full time position and you will need to be flexible to work the following shift patterns; long days, earlies, lates including sleep ins.You will also work alternate weekends along with the occasional bank holiday. This will be discussed at interview stage with the manager.
Being a driver is preferred but not essential for the role as the women have mobility cars.
Successful candidates will work well with the people we support with a person centered approach. No previous experience necessary.
We are passionate about investing in your training and career development. Our training covers essential skills and knowledge to provide support in line with the Care Certificate.
Alongside our generous benefits package, we give you:
- Training Programme including Care Certificate – delivered by Skills for Care endorsed ‘’Centre of Excellence’’
- Access to Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship worth over £3,000.
- Career development opportunities with access to our award winning Aspire programme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 helpline for advise
- Employee wellbeing strategy and listening network promoting mental health support.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work Programme, 2019 and 2020. At Dimensions, you will have the satisfaction of knowing you’ve changed someone’s life, and in return, we’ll help you on your career path to be the best you can be.
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler – just click on the button below to complete the application process.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy – Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.