There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£8.72 Per Hour
Dimensions (NSO) Ltd
Closing Date: 02/10/20
Support Workers needed – New Costessey- No experience necessary
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a difference to someone’s life every day? Do you share our values of Respect, Courage, Partnership, Integrity and Ambition? If so, we want you!
What will the role of Support Worker involve?
We are looking for someone to support three gentleman aged in their 20s – 50s in New Costessey, Norwich.
This is a full time (37.5 hours) position providing personalised support to three gentleman in their own Chalet bungalow accommodating three bedrooms and a spacious garden for Support workers to help maintain.
You will be supporting with community based activities and supporting where necessary with day to day duties including household tasks. One gentleman is a wheelchair user and occasionally uses a hoist. The other two gentleman require no mobility support or assistance with personal care.
All three gentleman love to play swing ball in the garden, visiting trampoline parks, bowling and they also have a keen interest for musicals. So if you enjoy singing along to musicals, why not apply for the position today!
You will be flexible to work alternative weekends along with the occasional bank holiday – shift patterns are long days, earlies, lates. This will be discussed at interview.
Why apply to work for Dimensions;
- Full induction programme and support to complete the care certificate and additional FREE in-house training
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Free driving Lessons and your first practical and theory test paid for
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days ou.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
Take a look at our YouTube channel to see why Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Rosie Hazell by clicking the call now button
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy – Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.