There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 30/09/20
We are looking for a support worker to join our team and be active in assisting the Qualified Nurses in delivering care to all patients on the unit and in the community.
- be a key worker for designated patients to support and guide the patient using care plans under the direct and indirect supervision of the Nurse-in-Charge, utilising own initiative and personal strengths.
- assist patients with their programmes of care as well as with their daily activities such as cooking, cleaning and personal hygiene.
- assist and plan education groups, creative groups etc, encouraging and helping where necessary.
- offer support to patients when attending outside appointments, leisure activities and other off site appointments such as volunteering work.
- write entries into the patients’ case notes and enter data into databases under the guidance of a qualified nurse.
The post is full time 42 hours and the salary is £19,096.86. Other benefits include:
Competitive annual leave
On site meals
If you would like to know more or apply for this vacancy please contact us by telephone or submit an online application form