There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£8.75 plus enhancements
Closing Date: 16/02/20
At Jeesal Residential Care Services, we specialise in providing a caring and nurturing environment to support people with developmental disabilities live fulfilling lives and have been supporting people with complex needs for over 30 years.
We are currently seeking experienced Support Workers to join our fantastic team at Treehaven Residential Home in West Runton, Cromer. Full Time or Part Time options available.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team that values respect, dignity and empathy and make a real contribution to the quality of our service users lives.
As a Support Worker, you will report to Senior, Shift Leader and Support Service Manager and be responsible for:
- Provide the highest standards of direct care and support to our tenants in all aspects of their daily living, as part of a multi- disciplinary team to an identified group of tenants.
- To act as a role model for our tenants and be actively involved in supporting tenants in the safe acquisition of skills and engaging tenants in daily activities and leisure/recreational activities as outlined in their care plans.
- Significantly contribute, following appropriate training, to the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the tenant care plans.
- Promote individual Person-Centred Plans.
- Participate in tenant reviews as required by the Support Service Manager.
- Be actively involved with ensuring the consistent delivery of all assessment, treatment and care plans and programmes.
- Desirable but not essential to have an NVQ 2 or a Diploma in Health and Social care or be working towards this.
- Positive attitude and commitment to tenants, their development and the Service as a whole.
- Objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our tenants.
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable and able to work a variety of shift patterns including weekends, earlies, lates and long days.
- Must have a current driving licence and be able to travel as our residential services are based at various locations throughout Norfolk.
Pay and Benefits
As a Support Worker at Jeesal Residential Services, you will benefit from:
- £8.75 per hour with night working and overtime enhancements available, up to £9.75 per hour
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24 hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- We will pay for your DBS Check – All successful candidates must undergo an Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service Check – Please note that a criminal record does not necessarily bar you from employment with Jeesal.
Treehaven located in West Runton, Cromer made up of the Main House and the Bungalows provides the opportunity for a total of twenty people with a learning disability to create their own home.
Treehaven successfully provides residential care on a highly individualised basis to a mixed gender group of eleven people with a learning disability and associated needs, such as autism.
We have a high ratio of staff over a 24-hour period to ensure we can support and enable individuals with complex behaviours to lead an active and fulfilled life, achieving their personal goals.
Keywords: Healthcare, Care Assistant, Carer, Care Worker, Social Care
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS Check.