There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£8.75 ph plus enhancements
Closing Date: 24/01/20
Would you like to support someone with a learning disability to enjoy a full and active life?
Jeesal Group have been established for over 30 years and we are dedicated in providing person-centered care for people with learning disabilities. We are currently looking for Support Workers to join our team based in Bacton, near to North Walsham. Due to its rural location, candidates will be required to have their own form of transport.
Our Heathers home opened in 2008, providing residential care for individuals who have complex behaviours resulting from the issues around their learning disability and/or autism.
As a Support Worker, reporting into the Senior, Shift Leader and Support Service Manager, you will:
- Provide the highest standards of direct care and support to our tenants in all aspects of their daily living, as part of a multi- disciplinary team to an identified group of tenants.
- Act at all times as a role model for our tenants and be actively involved in supporting tenants in the safe acquisition of skills and engaging tenants in daily activities and leisure/recreational activities as outlined in their care plans.
- Significantly contribute, following appropriate training, to the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the tenants’ care plans.
- To promote individual Person Centred Plans.
- Participate in tenants’ reviews as required by the Support Service Manager.
- Be actively involved with ensuring the consistent delivery of all assessment, treatment and care plans and programmes.
- We welcome candidates with or without experience, its more important to us that you share our values
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable and able to work a variety of shift patterns which will include nights and weekend working.
- Must have a compassionate and caring nature
- Have full UK driving licence
- NVQ / Diploma Level 2 in Health & Social Care is desirable but not essential
Pay and Benefits
As a Support Worker at Jeesal Residential Services, you will benefit from:
- £8.75 per hour plus enhancements for overtime and night working up to £9.75 per hour
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development.
- Annual Leave entitlement of 28 days
- Perkbox Employee Discount Scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- We will pay for your DBS Check
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS Check