There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£8.75 ph plus enhancements
Closing Date: 24/01/20
Looking For A Career in Care?
At Jeesal Residential Care Services, we specialise in providing a caring and nurturing environment to support people with developmental disabilities live fulfilling lives and have been supporting people with complex needs for over 30 years.
We are currently seeking caring and compassionate people to join our team of dedicated professionals at our Residential Home in Buxton, near Coltishall. Applications are welcome with or without experience as full training is provided by our accredited training centre.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team that values respect, dignity and empathy and make a real contribution to the quality of our service users lives.
£8.75 per hour, plus enhancements and benefits. Full and Part Time options available.
- Provide the highest standards of direct care and support to our tenants in all aspects of their daily living, as part of a multi- disciplinary team to an identified group of tenants.
- Act at all times as a role model for our tenants and be actively involved in supporting tenants in the safe acquisition of skills and engaging tenants in daily activities and leisure/recreational activities as outlined in their care plans.
- Significantly contribute, following appropriate training, to the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the tenants’ care plans. To promote individual Person Centred Plans.
- Participate in tenants’ reviews as required by the Support Service Manager.
- Be actively involved with ensuring the consistent delivery of all assessment, treatment and care plans and programmes.
- Desirable but not essential to have an NVQ 2 or a Diploma in Health and Social care or be working towards this.
- Must have a positive attitude and commitment to tenants, their development and the Service as a whole.
- Be objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our tenants.
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable and able to work a variety of shift patterns including nights and weekend working. Must be able to travel as our residential services are based at various locations throughout Norfolk.
Pay and benefits
As a Support Worker at Jeesal Residential Services, you will benefit from:
- Competitive Salary.
- Overtime and Waking Night enhancements
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development.
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- We will pay for your DBS Check
About Ashwood and Salcasa
Ashwood and Salcasa Houses are in the picturesque village of Buxton which nestles in the Bure Valley. Buxton has a range of amenities including post office, newsagents and public houses. Buxton is close to the city of Norwich, Wroxham and Aylsham with its variety of sporting, leisure and educational facilities.
At Ashwood House, we provide the opportunity for seven people with a learning disability to create their own home. Ashwood House, opened in 1999, provides residential care accommodation for seven people with a learning disability and associated needs. The house provides accommodation for five individuals in the main house with two adjoining, one bedroom apartments.
Salcasa opened in 2001, providing residential care services for a mixed gender group of five people with a learning disability and associated needs in this modernised bungalow. This includes a one-bedroom apartment annex.
The Jeesal Group has over 30 years of experience in unrivalled care and support. We are an Award winning independent specialist service registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).