There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 30/06/17
Great Ellingham, (near Attleborough) Norfolk
At Affinity Trust we are dedicated to support people with learning disabilities to live the lives they want to. We are a national charity providing person-centred support across the whole of England and Scotland.
We are extremely proud to have been doing this for the last 25 years during which time we have empowered thousands of people to meet their aspirations and goals in life, and to live as independently as they wish.
About the role:
You will play a key role in enabling the people we support to carry out all aspects of their everyday life. No two days are ever the same, and it’s that variety our teams love and motivates them to treat every day as a new opportunity.
We genuinely believe that if you have a positive attitude and values that align with our own we can train you on the rest!
All of our Support Workers are dedicated to bringing our values to life every single day;
- Committed to doing our very best for the people we support and never giving up on someone we support
- Reliable and always do what we say we will do
- Honest & Open in all of our relationships and transactions
- Respectful of others, their views and their rights
- Inclusive in how we value diversity, support equality of access to opportunities and challenge discrimination
- Creative & flexible in our thinking, in our work and in how we use our resources
We value people:
Our staff are key to everything we do – the inspired support we provide would not be possible without them. Regardless of whether you’ve worked in support before, we invest in all of our staff to ensure they have the skills needed to provide the very highest standard of support.
As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, we offer a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
- 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)*
- Competitive pension scheme (we will match contributions up to 6%)
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life’s issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
- Occupational Health support
- Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
- Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Refer a friend scheme *pro rata for part time staff
- Salary: 7.62 per hour
On a daily basis we empower people to meet their aspirations and goals in life, and to live as independently as they wish. We work with people who have a range of support needs and our focus is always on the individual and how best to support them to live the type of life they wish to live, to have fun and make memories!
In this role you will be working in a Supported Living service. The people we support have varying levels of support needs. Some of the people we support may at times show that they are unhappy through their behaviour. This can be a way for them to control their environment when they are unable to communicate their hopes, needs and fears. You will work as part of a team to support them to make structured changes to their life to achieve a positive outcome.
We always base our support on the specific needs, choices and aspirations of the individual following our principles of person-centred support.
Be the difference, change lives! If you would like a fulfilling and flexible career that will make a difference to people CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Interviews to be held on 6th and 21st June 2017.