There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
New Boundaries Group
Between £10.42-£12.00 Per Hour
New Boundaries Group
Closing Date: 31/03/24
At New Boundaries Group our mission is to provide person centred support in a safe environment where people are enabled to make choices and develop independence in a modern society. The group cares for service users who have complex learning disability needs and whose mental and social needs would benefit from living in a small group environment.
We are committed to providing person centered care that enables adults with learning disabilities to be independent and reach their potential.
Our dedicated teams work closely with health and social care colleagues to provide the best possible residential care and support.
We are seeking dedicated and caring individuals to join our team of support staff in Taverham and Barnham Broom. The ideal candidate will have an enabling approach to social care and be able to communicate effectively with residents, families and health care professionals. Your enthusiasm for supporting people with learning disabilities will be essential to ensure that our residents feel safe and cared for and empowered to live an enriched life. you will be expected to support our residents to have full and engaging access to the community and to explore their interests and hobbies. you will be fully trained to provide care and support to people with learning disabilities and autism.
Full-time hours 37.5. Part time hours 16-30, Shifts will include, 07:45 – 16:15 and 16:00 – 22:00 covering a Rota of seven days per week.
Will be starting on £11 per hour but will be rising in April 2024, rate to be confirmed.
In return to your hard work, you will be given a competitive salary, a comprehensive training program and good career progression opportunities and the satisfaction of knowing, you have contributed to improving the lives for the people we are for.
Care for service users
- Contribute towards service users reviews
- Contribute to a consistent approach by ensuring that you read, understand and follow service users individual plans.
- Encourage service users in making choices and having new experiences as part of an individual plan.
- Support service users to access a varied range of leisure activities within their community and lead fulfilling lives.
- Support service users in managing their own finances.
- Support service users with their daily life activities.
- Promote the highest possible standards with regards to quality of life and a homely environment.
- Support service users whose behaviour can be challenging, through a planned program of care.
- Assist service users to have access to and receive appropriate health care.
- Provide individualised personal care.
- Help promote the positive participation of relatives, friends, volunteers or advocates in the lives of the individual service users.
- Accompany service users to day services and work as part of the day services team.
- Encourage and assist service users to communicate their wishes/needs.
- Support service users with medication administration.
- As part of the home team, supporting service users in all household duties, including cooking and cleaning.
- Act as a key worker for designated service users as required.
- Maintain a good working relationship with professionals and others.
- Take appropriate action to comply with all policies and procedures.
- To listen, and relate to a variety of people in different situations.
- Contribute towards meetings as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality of service users, staff and organization at all times, within the policies, procedures and legislation.
- Promote equal opportunities and diversity for all service users and staff colleagues.
- Attend induction, mandatory and statutory training, plus any additional development opportunities to improve quality of service to service users.
- Be willing to undertake and complete an NVQ in care to a minimum of level 2, within 18 months, unless you currently hold this or an equivalent qualification.
How to Apply:
If you share our belief and would like to make a positive difference to our residents life then please apply now.
Please press the Apply Now button to send us a request for an application form or to ask any questions about the role.