There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 30/11/17
We are looking for full time / part time and bank staff to join our team at Gt Ellingham
On a daily basis we empower people to meet their aspirations and goals in life, and to live as independently as they wish. We work with people who have a range of support needs and our focus is always on the individual and how best to support them to live the type of life they wish to live, to have fun and make memories!
We also support people who have a learning disability, who may also be on the autism spectrum, have physical disabilities, complex needs, associated health needs such as epilepsy or mental health needs or dementia.
Some of the people we support may at times show that they are unhappy through their behaviour. This can be a way for them to control their environment when they are unable to communicate their hopes, needs and fears. We always base our support on the specific needs, choices and aspirations of the individual following our principles of person-centred support.
You will work as part of a team in our Supported Living Service to support them to make structured changes to their life to achieve a positive outcome.
As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, we offer a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
- 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)*
- Competitive pension scheme (we will match contributions up to 6%)
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life’s issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
- Occupational Health support
- Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
- Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Refer a friend scheme *pro rata for part time staff
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 400321
To apply online CLICK HERE
Interviews to be held on the 27th October and 7th / 14th / 21st November 2017.