There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 30/09/17
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen to manage and lead a service provision for individuals who have complex behaviours resulting from the issues around their learning disability and/or autism.
Your expertise, passion and creativity will ensure the highest standard of care to our 9 individuals at Heathers, to whom we provide the opportunity to create their own home.
Heather’s opened in 2008, providing residential care for individuals who have complex behaviours resulting from the issues around their learning disability and/or autism. There is a high ratio of staff on site over a 24-hour period allowing 1:1 support where there is an identified need, whilst promoting independence within the supported living model.
About the role:
- You will have overall responsibility for the efficient running of the home
- Ensure professional and administrative management of the home and promote the highest standard of care to our individuals who use the service
- Lead the team in ensuring that the standards of quality, safety and expectations of The CQC essential standards are met and maintained
- Support and supervise team members in accordance with policy and procedures
- Monitor and manage regular team meetings and individual supervision of staff
- Ensure that all Health & Safety requirements under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 are met and maintained
- Attend or host tenant reviews, 117 meetings and any other meetings required
- Monitor and implement the individuals service support plan Packages and Risk Assessments
- Provide support if required in emergencies and be prepared to assist within the wider organisation
- Act as an Ambassador and represent the service in a professional manner
- Respond to individuals who use the service, relatives and visitors in a welcoming and positive manner
- Attend sub group meetings and be part of the on call system
- You will have the required qualifications for CQC Registration, EG: a minimum of an Diploma Level 5 in leadership for health and social care or NVQ level 4 in Health and Social Care or an RMA (Registered Managers Award) or equivalent
- Have a demonstrable track record of sound leadership and teamwork within a similar environment and position
- Needs to be flexible in terms of working hours and patterns to ensure management cover and support is readily available at all times (to include sharing bank holiday and week end work)
- A positive attitude and commitment to individuals who use the service, their development and the Service as a whole
- Needs to be able to make decisions and act effectively and appropriately to emergencies and difficult situations and able to work effectively and autonomously
Heather’s is half a mile from the seaside village of Bacton on the North Norfolk coast. The village has several shops, public houses and restaurants as well as the beautiful beach. The town of North Walsham is within 10 minutes drive with its wide range of sporting, leisure and recreational facilities. Jeesal Group also provides company vehicles for use as and when desired.
Jeesal has been supporting people with complex needs for over 30 years and has received a number of accolades during this time. More recently we have been honoured to be named ‘Independent Secure Healthcare Provider 2015/16’, by Apex, and ‘Large Training Provider of the Year 2015/16’ by the YMCA.
We have achieved validation from Norfolk and Suffolk Care Services for our training department which is striving to make academy status.
We offer an attractive salary together with an excellent training programme and a commitment to ongoing personal development. At the commencement of their employment, the successful candidate will attend a comprehensive two week induction training programme at our accredited training centre in Norwich.
Full time, Permanent. (40 hrs pw).
Click here to create a profile and complete an online application on our Careers Site: www.jeesal.org/careers
For an informal Discussion, contact Clive Bugg, Group Director of Quality Assurance, Compliance and Human Resources via 01603 937798 or by email: email@example.com
Or alternatively, you may speak to a member of the Human Resources team, via 01603 937632 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org