There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 19/10/21
- Providing transport to and from ‘A’s home (Central Norwich) and The Nest. This will require the use of a car as there are no bus stops within safe walking distance from The Nest.
- Supporting ‘A’ in the execution of a range of duties commensurate with the role of assistant groundsperson (e.g. sweeping leaves, weeding, strimming, planting and clearing waste ground).
- A strong interest in helping young people with learning disabilities to live a rich and fulfilling life.
- Interest in gardening or other outdoors (physically demanding) activities.
- A clean driving licence and appropriate business insurance cover if using own vehicle for work purposes.
- Experience of working with young people with learning difficulties.
- Experience in gardening or other outside (physically demanding) activities.
- Vehicle ownership is desirable but not essential as the successful candidate could make use of the family car for work purposes.
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
- Hours and times of work: 9 hours per week, typically working on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, between 10.00 and 13.00.
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.