There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Shift Leader Support Worker in Mental Health
10.25 per hour
Closing Date: 14/01/19
Are you looking to use your leadership qualities within a care setting?
High Oaks is a small, independent care home for adults of all ages. We specialise in mental health and learning disabilities.
We’re looking for:
A full-time senior support worker to led our small support work team on shifts within our residential care home.
You may also possibly be needed from time to time in our small home-care service.
The care home shifts types you’ll work cover 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are long daytime (12.25 hours), short daytime (8 hours), waking nights (12.25 hours), sleeping nights (12.25 hours including 7.5 hours dedicated sleeping time). There is opportunity to work additional shifts.
Community home care is generally during the day as needed. You may not be needed for home care work until some time after you employment starts.
Level 3 diploma in health and social care is preferred but not essential depending on experience and skills.
Full training provided
Free meals and drinks (in the care home)
Paid breaks (in the care home)
Free accident insurance
Competitive pay @ £9 per hour with an enhancement of £1.25 per hour for each shift you led.
A further enhancement of £10 per waking night shift.
Varied and rewarding work
Company pension scheme
Sleep nights paid at £62
Own transport essential due to rural location in Gissing near Diss, south Norfolk and for community home care work.
Duties include (and not limited to)
• Help to compile residents’ support plans and risk assessments
• Lead the support team on shift, manage and arrange the day’s diary and appointments
• Carry out regular and timely reviews/evaluations of the support plans and risk assessments
• Be actively involved in leading sessional activities for the residents including one-to-ones
• Deliver care and support in accordance with the individual support plans
• Administer, store, audit and order medication
• Assist residents with practical development such as budgeting, shopping, cooking, housework, laundry, health and personal hygiene
• Record keeping in residents’ daily notes
• Clean in communal areas and residents’ rooms
• Drive residents to appointments and activities using High Oaks vehicles
DBS disclosure essential (formerly called CRB)
For more information speak to Claire Caswell, Tim Cooke or Tony Gowers. Telephone 01379 674456_
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.25 /hour