There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 29/05/20
Senior Team Leader (Maternity Cover)
Location: Ashwood and Salcasa, Buxton, Norfolk, NR10
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Job type: Temporary for a minimum of 6 months, Full Time
Are you looking to progress in your healthcare career? The Senior Team Leader post provides you with a fantastic opportunity to work alongside the management team, taking on extra responsibilities in the service. This opportunity is offered on a temporary basis for a minimum of six months with possible extension.
Jeesal Group have been established for over 30 years and we are dedicated in providing person-centred care for people with a learning disability. We are currently looking for a Senior Team Leader to cover a period of Maternity Leave based at Ashwood and Salcasa, Buxton, Norfolk.
Ashwood House, provides the opportunity for seven people with a learning disability to create their own home. Opening in 1999 , the house provides accommodation for five individuals in the main house with two adjoining, one-bedroom apartments.
Salcasa opened in 2001, providing residential care services for a mixed gender group of five people with a learning disability and associated needs in this modernised bungalow. This includes a one-bedroom apartment annex.
Responsibilities of a Senior Team Leader
- Supporting the Deputy Manager to complete supervisions for members of staff
- Support service users when attending medical appointments
- Support the service to develop the use of Pandora, supporting staff as necessary
- Act as a company representative during external events.
- Take on additional responsibility as directed by the service manager and deputy.
- Ensure shift plan/support allocations are created fairly and in accordance staff strengths, taking into account service users preferences and ensure the smooth running of shifts;
- Ensure all daily records for all service users are complete fully and accurately on Pandora for each individual;
- Complete and support staff to complete incident reports when necessary and sign these off on Pandora ready for management sign off;
- Ensure any safeguarding incidents are reported to the local authority following the correct procedures and complete the incident interim report;
- Gather all necessary information and ensure that thorough handovers are conducted from shift to shift;
- Provide 1:1 sessions to support staff as designated by the Service Manager. Ensure clear records are maintained of 1:1 sessions held;
- Provide mentoring and coaching to all support staff;
- Ensure any complaints are recorded accurately and responded to, or referred appropriately working in conjunction with the Community Services Development Manager;
- Provide support to individuals in a respectful, sensitive, compassionate and person-centred manner in all aspects of daily living;
- Administer medicines to service users following the company policies and procedures on completion of training and competency assessment.
Requirements of a Senior Team Leader
- Experience of working within a similar environment;
- An NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent is desirable;
- A positive attitude and commitment to patients, their development and the service as a whole;
- Take responsibility for the safety of the service users, staff and the running of the service in the absence of management;
- Sound understanding of Positive Behaviour Support;
- Able to coach and mentor staff;
- Full, current and clean driving licence and a willingness to drive a company vehicles to transport service users as required.
Benefits of becoming a Senior Team Leader
- £10.50 per hour
- Comprehensive Induction Training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development.
- Annual Leave entitlement of 28 days
- Perkbox Employee Discount Scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- We will pay for your DBS Check
If you feel the Senior Team Leader role suits you, apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS Check