There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 02/02/18
Are you currently a Support Worker looking to take the next step in your career?
Perhaps you are already in a Senior Support role considering a change of environment or a new challenge?
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Support Worker to support the management team at one of our residential sites in the Cromer area.
This is an exciting chance to further your specialist care skills, and develop within a leading and fast growing group in the Healthcare Industry.
- To assist and support the Management Team in managing and supporting in the day to day routines of the Home
- To Encourage and Support the Tenants to participate in a wide range of activities, ensuring they are as independent as possible with the correct and appropriate support
- As part of the Support Worker care team, to act as a key worker for specific tenants, assuming responsibilities as directed
- To lead a team of Support Workers; to ensure all tasks and activities are completed with appropriate guidance
- To Support new staff members that come into the home and support with induction and Care Certificate
- To Support the Management Team with duties designated to them and to complete them in a timely manner as is required – To represent the Service in a professional manner at all times
- To respond to Tenants, relatives and visitors in a welcoming and positive manner
- To be responsible for the Administration of Medication as required to the Tenants using the processes in place.
- Needs to have experience of working in a caring role as identified in a similar environment
- Preferred to have NVQ Level 3 or Diploma or be working towards equivalent qualification to complete within agreed timescale Must have a positive attitude and commitment to Tenants, their development and the Service as a whole
- Must be able to work independently and follow instructions, be flexible and adaptable
- Must have leadership and teamwork skills and have positive people management skills; be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be willing to attend all training opportunities to ensure the best possible support for the Tenants is available and for personal and professional development.
- Must be able to make decisions and be able to act effectively and appropriately to emergencies and difficult situations
- Must be positive in their approach to their role and in their support of others
- To lead by example; to be diplomatic, tactful and professional at all times
- To be flexible in their times of working to meet the needs of both the Service and the Tenants and to have good time management
- To be a Positive role model for both the Tenants and colleagues
Westbrook House is in the seaside town of Cromer on the North Norfolk Coast. It is a vibrant town with a good range of independent shops and well-known high street stores as well as an extensive range of sporting, leisure and educational facilities.
Cromer has excellent transport links including bus, coach and rail services connecting Cromer to local towns and the city of Norwich. Jeesal Group also provides a company vehicle available for use as and when desired.
£8.50 per hour. Full Time, Permanent, 40 hrs per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced Disclosure and Barring disclosure.