There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 10/04/21
Location: Residential Services, Dereham
Salary: £9.15 per hour
Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week
We are looking for team members that are enthusiastic, driven, and reliable. You must want to provide a compassionate and high-quality service to the individuals you are working with. As a Senior Support Worker you will need to have a professional, caring and flexible approach. We pride ourselves on working in partnership with professionals to ensure we provide a strength-based, outcomes-focused approach to our work.
You will provide daily support to people who are within the autistic spectrum, supporting and encouraging individuals to utilise activities and opportunities available to them through Autism Anglia’s service. You will be responsible for a team of Support Workers, working in partnership with the Team Leader in the day to day running of a residential service.
You will be a flexible individual with a proactive approach to your work and have good leadership skills.
Your main duties will include:
- Working alongside the Team Leader in the day to day management of the service and to deputise in their absence.
- Developing and maintaining up to date individualised support plans appropriate to the specific needs of the individual to encourage development to their full potential.
- Supporting colleagues to ensure a high standard of delivery, recognising positive achievements for individuals and staff.
- Supporting the individuals with personal care, health and hygiene with the focus of developing daily life skills
- Supporting/enabling individuals in daily activities which could include: swimming, cycling, walking, tennis and other community based activities.
We need people who share our passion for making a difference and although experience of working with autism would be valuable, it is not essential for this role as full training will be given.
- Experience of working within a health and social care environment with individuals with an Autistic Spectrum Condition – desirable
- Ability to manage emotionally and physically challenging situations and behaviours – essential
- Ability to identify needs, wishes and aspirations of individuals who may have communication needs – essential
- Line management experience including supervision and development of staff – desirable
It is essential that the post holder should have a full driving licence.
We have a clear pay progression structure and offer the following benefits:
- Extensive Induction and Learning & Development programmes, with nationally recognised qualifications;
- Job-related qualifications obtained during employment paid for by Autism Anglia (subject to conditions)
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
- Additional holiday based on length of service
- Flexible working hours (where possible) for study and time off given for job-related exams
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Access to Spectrum Life Employee Assistance Programme, Wellbeing Tools, including counselling services & the Benefits Hub, which will give you access to lots of shopping and entertainment discounts, instant discounted gift cards and cashback
- Occupational Sick Pay (after 12 mths)
- Support & encouragement to progress and reach full potential within your chosen career
- Pension scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Autism Anglia is positive about inclusion and welcomes applications from individuals who are able to meet the requirements of the job position and may wish to request flexible working or reasonable adjustments to support them.
Closing date: 10 April 2021
If no response is received within 3 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply again for other positions.