There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£9.88 to £10.41 Per Hour
Closing Date: 16/03/18
At Jeesal Cawston Park, our mission is to provide a caring and nourishing Centre of Excellence, supporting people with learning disabilities to lead fulfilling lives.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Support Worker to join our dedicated team of professionals at our hospital for people with learning disabilities and/or autism with comorbid psychiatric and/or personality disorders based near Aylsham, Norfolk.
Engage proactively and work alongside patients and their families / carers / significant others to build positive working alliances
Act always as a role model for patients and be actively involved in engaging patients in daily activities, educational programme, behavioural support programmes and leisure / recreational activities
Ensure the consistent delivery of all assessment and treatment programmes
Lead a team of Support Workers to ensure all tasks and activities are completed with appropriate guidance
You will assist and support new staff members and patients that come into the hospital
Support the Ward Manager, Nurses’ and Support Workers with duties designated to them
Represent the service in a professional manner
- Needs to have experience of working in a caring role as identified in a similar environment
- It is desirable that you have a minimum of an NVQ 3/4 or equivalent qualification in health and social care
- Accurate written skills with sound report writing capabilities, record keeping to a high standard of content, accuracy and presentation
- Have a positive attitude and commitment to patients, their development and the Service
- Be able to work independently and follow instructions, be flexible and adaptable
- Leadership and teamwork skills and the ability to supervise staff
- Needs to be able to manage a demanding workload and tight deadlines, make decisions and act effectively and appropriately to difficult situations
- Current clean, full car driving licence and a willingness to drive a company vehicle to transport patients as required
- You will be flexible in your working hours and able to work a variety of shift patterns including night and weekend working
Jeesal Cawston Park is a private hospital registered with Care Quality Commission (CQC) providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation within the picturesque grounds of Jeesal Cawston Park.
Jeesal Cawston Park Hospital (JCP) provides assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services. We have three main units which offer support in both locked and open rehabilitation. The units support people with learning disabilities who are experiencing distressed behaviour.
We have a number of single bespoke service provisions for people who find living with others difficult, together with flats where we support people to improve their independent skills prior to discharge.
The hospital is located approximately 11 miles north of Norwich near to the towns of Aylsham and Reepham.
For an informal discussion, please contact:
Vivienne Moore (Service Managers) via reception on 01603 876000 or by email to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced Disclosure and Barring disclosure.