There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 11/02/20
At Jeesal Cawston Park, our mission is to provide a caring and nourishing Centre of Excellence, supporting people with learning disabilities to lead fulfilling lives.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Support Worker to join our dedicated team of professional at our hospital for people with learning disabilities and/or autism with comorbid psychiatric and/or personality disorders based near Aylsham, Norfolk.
£19,890 per annum. 37.5 hrs pw, including weekend working. Weekend Enhancements following completion of probationary period.
As a Senior Support Worker you will:
- Engage proactively and work alongside patients and their families / carers / significant others to build positive working alliances
- Act always as a role model for patients and be actively involved in engaging patients in daily activities, educational programme, behavioural support programmes and leisure / recreational activities
- To ensure the consistent delivery of all assessment and treatment programmes
- To lead a team of Support Workers to ensure all tasks and activities are completed with appropriate guidance
- You will assist and support new staff members and patients that come into the hospital
- Support the Ward Manager, Nurses’ and Support Workers with duties designated to them
- Represent the service in a professional manner
- Needs to have experience of working in a caring role as identified in a similar environment
- It is desirable that you have a minimum of an NVQ 3/4 or equivalent qualification in health and social care or be prepared to work towards/commence an NVQ 3.
- Have accurate written skills with sound report writing capabilities, record keeping to a high standard of content, accuracy and presentation
- Have a positive attitude and commitment to patients, their development and the Service
- Be able to work independently and follow instructions, be flexible and adaptable
- Have leadership and teamwork skills and the ability to supervise staff
- Needs to be able to manage a demanding workload and tight deadlines, make decisions and act effectively and appropriately to difficult situations
- Current clean, full car driving licence and a willingness to drive a company vehicle to transport patients as required
- You will be flexible in your working hours and able to work a variety of shift patterns including nights and weekend working
Pay and Benefits
- Starting Salary of £19,890 per annum
- Weekend enhancements following completion of probation period
- Additional pay banding’s for additional responsibilities and qualifications
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters
- A genuine commitment to personal and professional development
- Perkbox Employee Benefits Scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – Worth £300, subject to conditions (Tax deductible)
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Free 24hr Confidential Employee Assistant Programme
- We will pay for your DBS Check
About Cawston Park
Jeesal Cawston Park is a private hospital registered with Care Quality Commission (CQC) providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation within the picturesque grounds of Jeesal Cawston Park.
Jeesal Cawston Park Hospital (JCP) provides assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services. We have three main units which offer support in both locked and open rehabilitation. The units support people with learning disabilities who are experiencing distressed behaviour.
We have a number of single bespoke service provisions for people who find living with others difficult, together with flats where we support people to improve their independent skills prior to discharge.
The hospital is located approximately 11 miles north of Norwich near to the towns of Aylsham and Reepham.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced Disclosure and Barring disclosure.