There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£9.25 ph plus enhancements
Closing Date: 24/01/20
Are you an experienced Support Worker looking to take the next step in your career in care? Maybe you are already in a similar Senior role and seeking a change of environment?
The Jeesal Group has over 30 years of experience in unrivalled care and support. We are an Award winning independent specialist service registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We are now looking for a Senior Support Worker to join our team of dedicated professionals at our Residential Home in Bacton, North Walsham.
Our Heathers home opened in 2008, providing residential care for individuals who have complex behaviours resulting from the issues around their learning disability and/or autism.
£9.25 ph plus additional waking night and overtime enhancements
As a Senior you will:
- Assist and support the management team in the day to day routine of the home.
- Encourage and support the tenants to participate in a wide range of activities, ensuring they are as independent as possible with the correct and appropriate support.
- Act as a key worker for specific tenants, assuming responsibilities as directed.
- Lead a team of Support Worker; to ensure all tasks and activities are completed with appropriate guidance
- Support new staff member that come into the service with induction and Care Certificate
- Support the management team with designated duties and complete them in a timely manner as required
- Represent the service in a professional manner at all times
- Respond to tenants, relatives and visitors in a welcoming and positive manner
- Be responsible for the administration of medication as required to the Tenants using the processes in place
- Experience of working in a caring role as identified in a similar environment
- Positive attitude and commitment to tenants, their development and the service as a whole
- Able to work independently and follow instructions
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Leadership and Teamwork Skills
- Willing to attend training opportunities to ensure the highest standards of support are provided to the tenants and person and professional development
- Able to make decision and able to act effectively and appropriately to emergencies and difficult situations
- Lead by example, be diplomatic, tactful and professional at all times and a positive role model for both tenants and colleagues
- NVQ Level 3 in social care or equivalent is desirable but not essential
Pay and Benefits
As a Senior Support Worker at Jeesal Residential Care Services, you will benefit from:
- Competitive pay rate: £9.25 ph, plus additional overtime and waking night enhancements.
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development.
- Perkbox Employee Discount Scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24 hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- We will pay for your DBS Check
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS Check