There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£8.75 plus enhancements Per Hour
Closing Date: 30/09/19
Are you ready to take the next step in your career in care?
At Jeesal Residential Care Services, we provide a caring and nurturing environment to support people with developmental disabilities live fulfilling lives and make it our duty to ensure people feel at home and live their lives independently and happy.
We are seeking for Senior Support Workers to join our dedicated, kind and compassionate team of care professionals at our residential home in West Runton, Cromer.
£9.25 ph, plus additional overtime and waking night enhancements. (Full Time, 37.5 hrs pw, Permanent)
- To assist and support the Management Team in managing and supporting in the day to day routines of the Home
- Encourage and Support the Tenants to participate in a wide range of activities, ensuring they are as independent as possible with the correct and appropriate support
- As part of the Support Worker care team, to act as a key worker for specific tenants, assuming responsibilities as directed
- Lead a team of Support Workers; to ensure all tasks and activities are completed with appropriate guidance
- Support new staff members that come into the home and support with induction and Care Certificate
- Support the Management Team with duties designated to them and to complete them in a timely manner as is required
- Represent the Service in a professional manner at all times
- Respond to Tenants, relatives and visitors in a welcoming and positive manner
- Be responsible for the Administration of Medication as required to the Tenants using the processes in place
- Needs to have experience of working in a caring role as identified in a similar environment
- Preferred to have NVQ3 or Diploma or be working towards equivalent qualification to complete within agreed timescale
- Must have a positive attitude and commitment to Tenants, their development and the Service as a whole.
- Able to work independently and follow instructions, be flexible and adaptable
- Have leadership and teamwork skills and have positive people management skills; be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Be willing to attend all training opportunities to ensure the best possible support for the Tenants is available and for personal and professional development.
- Able to make decisions and be able to act effectively and appropriately to emergencies and difficult situations
- Be positive in their approach to their role and in their support of others
- Lead by example; to be diplomatic, tactful and professional at all times
- Be flexible in their times of working to meet the needs of both the Service and the Tenants and to have good time management
- Be a Positive role model for both the Tenants and colleagues
Pay and Benefits
- Competitive pay rate: £9.25 ph
- Additional overtime and waking night enhancements available.
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development.
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24 hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- We will pay for your DBS Check
Treehaven is situated in the village of West Runton, which lies within a North Norfolk Conservation area and as such is an area of natural beauty. The village itself has several shops and local amenities as well as transport links to nearby towns and the city of Norwich.
Treehaven offers supported living and residential services to small cohorts of people with developmental disorders who share the same age ranges and common interests.
We have a high ratio of staff over a 24-hour period to ensure we can support and enable individuals with complex behaviours to lead an active and fulfilled life, achieving their personal goals.