There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 09/05/21
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Support Worker to join our busy service in Norwich.
Salary: £12,847 – £13,523 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications (maximum job rate potential is £14,199 which is performance related)
Location: Norwich, Norfolk
Hours: 22 hours per week – please note, we operate a 24/7 service therefore the candidate will be required to undertake some sleep in duties.
BE PART OF SOMETHING AMAZING! JOIN THE BREAK TEAM!
Here at Break we love delivering amazing services for children and young people. Our team are committed to providing care, support, and a brighter future for the children, young people, and families who need us, for as long as they need us.
About the role:
The main purpose of the role is to assist the management team to support, direct and utilise staff and resources on-shift in order to ensure that the home achieves its strategic aims.
This role plays a key part in maintaining relationships not only with the child or young person but also; parents or other family members, social workers, school staff and other relevant professionals.
The home strives to ensure that the highest quality of care is provided for our children and young people. This means our staff are essential in ensuring their wellbeing needs are fully met, they feel safe and secure with us but also included in some of the decision making within the home.
We are looking for a Senior Support Worker who is:
- Confident and capable in developing the team around them, this will include some line management responsibilities
- Who has the emotional intelligence and resilience to manage challenging situations that might arise within the home
- Strives to achieve the highest level of care for the team and the young people they care for
- Experienced in working with children and young people, ideally in a residential setting
- Qualified to LVQ Level 3 or above in a relevant subject. If you aren’t, you must be committed to achieving this within 2 years with full support from Break.
What can we offer?
We are proud of the fact that we are a supportive employer who rewards you for your hard work and involvement in our life-changing charity. There are multiple benefits of this role, such as:
- A competitive holiday allowance
- Enhanced pension contributions of employer 5% and employee 3%
- Discounted Will writing service
- Employee access to Techscheme, allowing you to buy tech more easily
- Support for improving your financial wellbeing
- A variety of salary sacrifice schemes, including pension
- Group Life Assurance
- Enhanced sick pay
- Support for your mental health via our employee counselling service
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to a wealth of development opportunities
Full details regarding the role can be found under the documents sections at the top of the advert.
Closing Date: 9th May 2021
Interview dates: TBC. The first interview which will be a Safe Care/ Warner style interview, will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. If successful after the first interview, candidates will then attend a formal interview.
For more information on this job opportunity, please call Lee Roberts at the service by clicking ‘call now’.
Please note, all invites to interview will be sent via email. Please regularly check your emails, including any spam folders, for further communication from us. Failure to attend an interview may result in your application being withdrawn.
To comply with the Immigration Asylum & Nationality Act 2006 and additional amendments, and UK Border Agency (UKBA) requirements, all prospective employees will be asked to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK. We will ask to see and take a copy of an appropriate official document as set out in the UKBA guidelines. Do not send anything now, further information will be sent to you should you be invited to interview.
We are committed to equality of opportunity. Your current immigration status will not be taken into account when assessing your application against the selection criteria for the post. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.