There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 06/12/21
Jeesal Group have been established for over 30 years and we are dedicated in providing person-centred care for people with a learning disability. We are currently looking for a Senior Support Worker to join our team at Treehaven Bungalows This is an opportunity to be part of a team that values, respect, dignity and empathy and make a real contribution to the quality of our service users lives.
Responsibilities of the Senior Support Workers:
- Ensure shift plans/support allocations are created fairly and in accordance with the strengths of staff and services users, taking into account service users preferences and contributing to the smooth running of the shift.
- Check and ensure all daily records for service users are complete accurately and fully for each individual.
- Complete and support staff to complete incident reports when necessary and sign these off ready for management sign off.
- Ensure safeguarding incidents are reported to the local authority following the correct procedures, completing the incident interim report.
- Gather all necessary information and ensure that thorough handovers are conducted from shift to shift.
- Provide 1:1 session to support staff as designated by the Service Manager. Ensure clear records are maintained of all 1:1 sessions held;
- Provide support to individuals in a respectful, sensitive, compassionate and person-centred manner in all aspects of daily living;
- Administer medicines to service users following company policies on completion of training and competency assessment.
Requirements of the Senior Support Workers:
- Desirable but not essential to have an NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care equivalent
- Experience of working within a similar environment
- A positive attitude and commitment to service users, their development and the Service as a whole
- Objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our service users.
- Must have a compassionate and caring nature
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable
- Have full UK driving licence
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00-£20,000.00 per year
PPE Supplied and weekly PCR tests