There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
8.50 per hour Per Hour
Closing Date: 20/03/19
Position: Senior Residential Carer
Responsible to: Home Manager
Contract: Full time and Part time opportunities available
Hourly Pay: £8.50
- Supervise and participate in delivery of care to residents leading on the responsibility of individual care plans, ensuring a person centred approach.
- Provide effective leadership for care staff and be responsible for the administration of medication
- Work effectively with others within the home ensuring resident’s needs are met
- Actively participate and supervise in the delivery of care to the residents promoting independence, dignity, choice and respect.
- To be responsible with the team regarding reviews and updating all residents care plans, whilst being responsible for continual monitoring of each residents health needs liaising with all relevant persons/agencies.
- Ensure residents choice / independence is respected through risk management involving all parties and ensuring accurate up to date record keeping.
- Welcome residents to be involved in the Home and encourage their participation in activities while remaining emotionally and intellectually stimulated. Assist as required with social functions taking place at the Home.
- Support and work closely with families and friends.
- To administer prescribed medication to residents and assist in the management of an effective system for the safe control and administration of medication in accordance with policy and procedures.
- To effectively lead, motivate and support care staff, assisting in appropriate induction and support of new care staff to the home.
- Provide effective supervision sessions for care staff within the team and support with identified training needs.
- Assist staff to complete relevant documentation as well as monitoring care staff performance.
- To undertake responsibility as delegated by the Home Manager whilst understanding all relevant regulations Cephas Care Ltd policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with the administrative records of the Home ensuring all records are kept up to date.
- Follow appropriate procedures in the event of accidents/ emergencies e.g. fire and missing residents. Ensure that the Home is secure at all times whilst on duty.
- Ensure agreed staffing levels are maintained in liaison with the deputy/manager.
- To report and advise the relevant persons with respect to the repairs and maintenance of the home.
- Be flexible regarding working hours and tasks required.
- Approachable and supportive to staff and managers.
- Attend staff meetings when appropriate and to be available for one to one sessions as agreed.
- Attend appropriate training and development sessions as agreed with the Manager.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Carry out any reasonable duties as requested by the Manager.
- To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down by the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- To uphold and promote equal opportunities in employment practice and service delivery.
- Extensive experience in a health or social care setting working with older people
- Relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification with an up to date “safe administration of medication” certificate or
- Relevant NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Ability to communicate and interact well with residents and others
- Good basic care planning skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure in a diverse and changing environment
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
- Ability to effectively supervise individuals and a team
All successful candidates will complete an enhanced DBS application.
If you would like more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01473 322600.