There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Senior Night Care Assistant
Competitive rates + benefits! Per Hour
Closing Date: 13/04/19
|The primary and most important aspects of the role:|
· To set and maintain the highest standards of personal and social care for the residents at the home
· To promote a caring and proactive environment that through high standards of professional practice and leading the team to meet the physical, emotional, social, intellectual, cultural and spiritual needs of every resident. To ensure that each resident receives care appropriate to their individual need
· To lead by example and act in accordance with the polices and procedures of the home
· To support the management team in the supervision, guidance and support of the care team
· To act in accordance with the social care code of conduct and practice and professional conduct
· To excel within the boundaries of this job description and beyond through hands on clinical practice, leading by example, education and training
· To support the General Manager to ensure an open culture that reports any events or circumstances that adversely affect the well-being of the residents and work alongside and in partnership with the local Safeguarding team, Quality Assurance team and the Care Quality Commission to protect residents from institutional, individual and collective poor practice that constitutes abuse or neglect
· Work collaboratively with the management team and all other team members in order to ensure the best outcomes for the resident, the company and the home at all times
· Specific Night/Early Morning duties: include ensuring that the Carer’s leave resident’s who are left clean, dry and tidy at all times throughout the shift. This is achieved by checking and documenting this has occurred.
· All drinks and any food given is to be accurately recorded by Night Carers and Senior Carers.
· Fluid Balance Charts are to be totalled after midnight and entered on a Daily Chart kept in the Managers Office. The Night Senior Carer is to report any resident not drinking sufficient fluids, or eating adequately at Handover and this should be documented non the Handover Report.
· The Nightly Cleaning is to be carried out to the highest standards with any issues/repairs that is required are handed over to the Maintenance Dept. This should also be recorded on the Handover Report.
· Any issues are to be handed over to the Deputy Manager on duty the following morning via the Senior Night Carer having been duly recorded.
· If urgent, the Night Senior Carer will telephone the Manager on call
· All clinical waste is to be properly bagged and left in the containers outside, so that the area is left clean and tidy for the Day Staff. The Night Senior is to check this has happened.
· Early rising residents should be got up and given breakfast and the Day Staff informed
· Responsible for administering the evening medication round and early morning gastric medication.
· Conversant with Safeguarding recognition and reporting.
· Ensure the cleaning of wheelchairs, matching up of the footguards and re-charging the hoist batteries must be checked and signed by the Night Senior Carer to ensure the smooth running of the Day Shift
· Slings and slide sheets to be laundered each night – ensure you have spare to allow you to work your shift.