There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £12.01-15.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 18/12/23
Beach View is a small care home providing care to our elderly residents situated in Hunstanton. As a small care home our team focus on the personal touch and are dedicated and warm-hearted.
If you are looking for a new career opportunity that offers job satisfaction, superb benefits, guaranteed hours, job security and career advancement, LOOK NO FURTHER! WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please note: We do not offer sponsorship to candidates.
• To actively participate and supervise in the delivery of care to the Residents to ensure that their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs are met and ensuring dignity, choice, independence and respect.
• To be responsible with the team for the preparation, implementation, review and update of all Residents care plans in line with their personal wishes and preferences involving Residents, representatives, key workers and management as appropriate in line with EvoCare policies.
• To be responsible with the team for continual monitoring of each Resident’s health needs by ensuring access to NHS healthcare services and monitoring of health-related care documentation assessments. To include appropriate liaison with Residents, relatives, Registered Manager/Deputy Manager and relevant staff.
• To ensure Resident’ choice and independence is respected through appropriate risk management involving all parties and ensuring accurate up to date record keeping.
• To administer prescribed medication to Residents and assist in the management of an effective system for the safe control and administration of medication in accordance with policy and procedures.
• To effectively lead, support and motivate staff, through effective supervision.
• To be able to complete the following health checks, Blood Pressure, Pulse, Temperature, Respirations, Pulse Oximetry, Weight/height monitoring (MUST Tool), Blood Glucose monitoring, Basic wound care in liaison with Community Nursing Team. To record and complete documentation and escalate concerns to appropriate health professionals.
• To be responsible for completing audits as required
• To participate in On-call duties as agreed with the Registered Manager and the needs of the home.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Compassionate and caring nature
• Ability to work well in a team environment, maintain good working relationships with colleagues, residents, and visitors.
• Patience, understanding and ability to listen when supporting residents who may have physical or cognitive limitations.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Extensive experience in a health or social care setting working with older people.
• Ability to communicate and interact well with Service Users, families, colleagues and any outside organisations (NHS, Social Services etc).
• To be able to read, write, work with numbers and use a computer to a good standard.
• Good care planning skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure in a diverse and changing environment.
• Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people.
• Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times.
Benefits and Culture:
• Shift pattern includes working alternate weekends.
• Paid Annual Leave and Enhanced Pay for all Bank Holidays
• Full and Part-time shifts available
• No two days are the same!
• Comprehensive training and development with opportunities to achieve Level 2-5 in Health and Social Care Apprenticeships.
• Blue Light Card offering a range of discounts.
• Free DBS
• Paid breaks and free hot meal
Salary from £12.50 per hour
Full and Part-time hours available.