There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.42-£12.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 14/09/23
Position: Senior Care Assistant
Salary: £11 per hour
Hours: 36 hours a fortnight
Contracted working rota, two week rotation – All shifts are 6.45 am ready for 7.00 am to 4.00 pm
Wednesday – Thursday – Friday
Tuesday – Thursday – Saturday – Sunday
With this position the applicant must hold: NVQ level 2 or NVQ level 3 in health & social care or have at least 1 years experience in a similar role such as a Team Leader or senior support role.
Purpose of position
As senior care assistant, the role is to be part of and to support the management team in all aspects of the home’s management, including possibly taking temporary complete charge during the absence of the management team.
To provide leadership to other staff in meeting the personal care needs of service users in ways that respects the dignity of the individual, and promotes independence, equality, and social inclusion.
To help train “on the job” new and inexperienced members of staff in all aspects of their work.
To ensure that the people you look after are always kept safe from harm in line with the care home’s safeguarding policies and are not discriminated against in any way.
To take an active part in the on-call Rota to be available to support staff in event of an emergency.
- Help to ensure that all junior and domestic staff contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient running of the home and the creation of the right atmosphere.
- Supervise or lead staff in their support of service users who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and toilet.
- Supervise or lead staff in their support of service users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities such as incontinence; help in the use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of care users through talking to them, taking them out, and sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies, and recreations.
- Supervise staff in their support of service users to keep their rooms and possessions in line with their wishes, helping to make and change beds, tidy rooms, and do light cleaning
- Supervise staff to support service users to sort their clothes for laundry and for mending and changing and putting away.
- Prepare and cook meals for service user, ensuring all adequate dietary requirements are being met.
- Supervise the serving of meals; assist care users at mealtimes if required; wash up utensils.
- Ensure emergency calls are responded to promptly and people’s urgent needs met in line with the home’s procedures.
- Take part in reviews with social workers.
- Check that staff are following people’s care plans and are meeting recording and reporting requirements. Report and record all concerns about residents’ care and about the safety of the premises, its facilities and equipment.
- Supervise staff and support Clients in taking their medicines when trained and competent.
- Supervise staff and support Clients to use specialist aids and equipment when trained and competent.
- To review all clients care plans & Risk assessments
- Take clients to the GP appointments & make appointments.
- Complete audits around the home
- Making telephone calls & sending emails
- Type up daily reports.
To apply please click the Apply Now button at the bottom of this page to be taken through to an email where you can express an interest in the role and describe what knowledge, experience and skills you have to offer. You can also attach a CV. Please use REF: senior August 2023.