There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Senior Care Assistant
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 31/07/21
Sunnycroft is a care home in Taverham, Norwich caring for the elderly frail and people with dementia. We are looking for a kind and caring person to join our team to provide care to our residents.
As a Senior Carer / Team Leader, you will be responsible for the support the manager in the day-to-day management of care staff, ensuring that we are delivering safe, effective and responsive care at all times. You will have the responsibility of overseeing and demonstrating good practice, values and standards of care .
To join us as a Senior Carer / Team Leader you will need the following skills and qualities:
· Kind, caring and compassionate
· Previous experience working with older people in residential care
· Able to motivate and supervise your team so that the highest possible care is given to the residents
· Good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
· NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care (or equivalent) and willing to work towards Level 3
· Able to administer medication
· Be flexible to work shifts on a rota basis.
· Able to work well as a team member and liase with management and other departments.
Responsibilities of our Senior Carer/ Teal Leader include:
- Leading, managing and supporting your care team ensuring high quality of care and service is always provided to residents
- Ensuring care plans are regularly reviewed with continuous assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of resident’s care.
- Administering and recording medication as prescribed to residents.
- To ensure that each resident’s dignity and independence is always preserved and promoted and to encourage them to achieve the highest possible quality of life.
- To support and monitor your care team by assisting in residents personal care
- To liase with healthcare professionals and organisations in a professional manner
Part-time hours: 22-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.20-£10.70 per hour