There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 28/02/22
Senior Care Assistant
Are you looking to progress in your care career? Are you outgoing, fun, kind and caring? Then come and join an award-winning care provider that feels passionately about care and the quality of life that is provided every single day.
The Paddocks in Swaffham has exciting opportunities for Senior Care Assistants. The home provides residential and dementia care, and the candidate will need a ‘can-do’ attitude and be a fantastic team player. We pride ourselves on our ‘whole home approach’ to care, and our care staff play a pivotal role in this.
Castlemeadow Care are a family owned business, specialising in providing outstanding levels of care to people within our Residential Homes. You will be joining a growing care home organisation that feels passionately about care. You will have the opportunity to progress your skills further which will allow you to achieve career progression. If you feel you have reached the limit of your current job role and you wish to do more, then this is the job for you.
- You will lead your team.
- You will take responsibility for your allocated resident group to ensure that a quality service is provided to meet the individual needs of the resident group.
- You will manage an allocated group of staff, ensuring that regular supervision is provided and offering support and mentoring to ensure professional standards are maintained.
- You will be responsible for the development of relationship with individuals, relatives and other healthcare professionals in order to produce and support person centred care planning.
- Responsible for the safe management of medication for your allocated resident group.
Skills required / Qualifications:
- Working towards or already hold a NVQ 3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care.
- You will possess good communication and customer care skills.
- Willing to learn new job skills to meet the care needs of the resident groups of the care home.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive rate of pay: £10.30 per hour. Enhanced rates for Bank Holidays.
- Full time and part time hours available
- Employee discount scheme including health and wellbeing
- Excellent training opportunities
- Career Progression
- Enhanced DBS application fee paid, subject to terms and conditions.