There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Competitive rates + benefits! Per Hour
Closing Date: 31/03/19
Kingsgate Residential Home is a family owned and operated care home for the elderly, established in 1978. Based in Sheringham on the North Norfolk coast, we provide comfortable accommodation and facilities with luxurious rooms and attentive carers. We are passionate about providing person-centred care and support that is tailored to the individual needs of every one of our thirty residents.
We are looking for a Senior Care Assistant who is dedicated, has a genuine interest in those they care for and above all is naturally kind and warm-hearted. Ideally, you’ll have at least one year’s experience in a similar role.
We offer flexible shift patterns, however you will be required to work alternate weekends.
Kingsgate is an equal opportunities employer regulated by the CQC.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will need to be able to manage a shift as Senior on Duty, to ensure all residents’ needs are met including the management of medication. You may also need to provide care reporting to a Senior on Duty, including (but not limited to):
- Washing, bathing, dressing, toileting; helping with mobility or any other disability; answering nurse alarm calls promptly; assisting and reassuring residents; providing drinks, refreshments and food, and helping residents to eat and drink if needed; completing care plan notes daily; answering all nurse call alarms promptly; cleaning, housekeeping and laundry.
We expect all staff to act in accordance with our values, legal requirements and standards of care, including (but again not limited to):
- Observance of CQC (and other regulatory bodies) standards and all of the home’s rules, policies and procedures as detailed in the Policies and Procedure folder, staff handbook and health & safety handbook. It is employees’ responsibility to familiarise themselves with all policies, procedures, risk assessments, and standards.
- Maintain confidentiality; ensure residents are treated with respect and their dignity is preserved at all times; respect the rights of staff and residents.
- Read reports and participate in staff and residents’ meetings.
- Undertake all training as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
Experience in a similar role is essential, preference will be given to candidates with NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care. Candidates must be dedicated, empathetic and able to treat all residents with dignity and respect.
Our rewards package includes competitive hourly rates with increments for weekend working; 28 days paid holiday (pro rata for part time staff); contributory pension scheme; training and development opportunities; meals provided. Uniform will be provided.
Job Type: Full-time or part-time
Salary: £8.96 to £9.96 /hour