There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Home Instead Senior Care (Norwich)
Closing Date: 08/03/21
Our mission is to “change the face of ageing” and enhance the lives of our clients and colleagues through positive caring relationships.
We have an opportunity for two confident and professional people to apply their scheduling / coordinating skills to make a positive difference in the lives of their colleagues and older people in Norwich.
In January 2021 we achieved a 5 Star Employer Award and an independent anonymous survey found:
- 96% of our staff would recommend Home Instead Norwich as a great place to work
- 96% of clients would recommend our services
If you are committed to helping others and making a difference, then this may be the role for you.
Experience of social care is not essential as we will work with the successful candidate to provide relevant sector specific training and support.
Due to expansion we are recruiting for two posts:
- Tuesday to Saturday 9am to 5pm
- Sunday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
The successful candidates will work closely together to provide excellent customer service.
The role will entail:
- Prepare effective and efficient schedules for our clients and staff
- Ensure schedules are prepared, considering travel time, holidays, training and short notice cancellations.
- Be responsive to changes in the schedule and liaise with relevant team members.
- Match staff to new clients in conjunction with the Client Experience Team and arrange introductions.
- Ensure client schedules are matched to their needs, with the same member of staff and the same times each week, where possible.
- Develop excellent relationships with both clients and colleagues to deliver an excellent customer service
- Work with the recruitment team to ensure sufficient current and future staffing levels are met.
- Work with the Client Experience Team to ensure new and existing care packages can be resourced and scheduled on a timely basis.
- Add and maintain all client and staff information onto the electronic scheduling system.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory and franchise standards
- Participate in on-call duties
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business
- Experience of working in a scheduling role within a home care or other relevant environment such as logistics.
- Good working knowledge of IT Systems with experience of Microsoft Office, working with databases and virtual communication platforms with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
- Highly resilient and positive with excellent communications skills.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Logical and analytical with the ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Motivated to exceed business goals and targets
- Keen to learn new skills and study for relevant qualifications
- Full driving license and reliable means of transport
- £23,000 – 25,000 per annum
- 33 days annual leave
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Benefit scheme to save money on your shopping
- Employee Assistance Programme
- We will provide training and support tailored to your needs to ensure you are confident in your role
- Opportunities to gain recognised qualifications and develop your career
- A great culture and the chance to make a real difference in your life and the lives of others
- Bonuses up to £200 for our Refer a Friend scheme