There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 02/10/20
We are parents to 33-year-old identical twin daughters, who both have learning disabilities. Your role will be to provide one of our daughters with a happy, caring and stimulating home environment each weekend.
• Driving Our daughter in your own car to and from your home and to access activities of interest to her, such as cinema, bowling, swimming and for walks.
• Being vigilant to her safety at all times.
• Behaving in a consistent manner at all times as routine and structure is very important.
• Providing a happy family environment for her at your home, where she will particularly enjoy watching TV and listening to music.
• Assisting with personal care, such as support with dressing, and changing incontinence pads at night.
• Providing reassurance during the night, although once settled, little support will be required.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Car owner/driver with appropriate business use insurance.
• Female due to the personal care aspects of the role..
• Experience with people with learning disabilities.
• Ideally live in a family setting as a couple or with older children.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per day hour and £80 per 10 hour sleeping night =£260.20 per 30-hour respite period.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 30 hours per week to be worked from 10am Saturday until 4pm Sunday.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.