There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£9.01 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 29/05/20
Job Purpose: T is a Disney mad 30-year-old lady who enjoys drawing and colouring. She has ASD, learning disabilities (a learning age of 3-6 years) and communicates via Makaton or by writing rather than verbally. This role involves providing respite care for T in your own home.
Location: Thorpe End, Norwich
• Prompting T to attend to her personal care.
• Administering T’s medication.
• Remaining vigilant to T’s safety at all times.
• Maintaining structure and routine for T, as T becomes anxious if she is faced with choices and feels safe and happy if decisions (i.e. about meals) are made for her. If T becomes anxious, she can exhibit some challenging behaviour.
• Providing a quiet environment for T. She can cope with older children and some animals but would rather observe what is happening around her than get involved. She likes to draw and play by herself and needs access to her own space.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Kind, gentle and softly spoken.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour from 8am-10pm and £8.72 per hour from 10pm-8am
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 36 x 24-hour overnights per year to be arranged by prior agreement, mainly to be worked weekends and bank holidays, but with some week-long blocks also.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.