There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Resource Centre Operative
Norfolk and Waveney Mind
Norfolk and Waveney Mind
Closing Date: 10/08/22
• Vacancy: Resource Centre Operative
• Location: 28-31 Dene Side, Great Yarmouth NR30 3AX
What We Offer:
• Full time Position – 37.5hours per week.
• Monday – Friday: 09:00 – 17:00
• Salary Offered: £19,690 per annum.
• Annual leave entitlement of 26 days (pro-rata).
• Free parking options available on site.
• Online Discounts Portal, Financial advice, Long Service Awards, Health & Wellbeing Program AND Personal Development and Job Specific Training.
• Comprehensive training programme with a focus on developing and expanding on your skills throughout employment with Norfolk and Waveney Mind.
• We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive staff benefits package: https://www.flipsnack.com/MindNorfolkandWaveney/benefits-brochure-2021.html
A Little About Us:
• Please click on this link to hear more from our staff about working in our service:
• We have an investor in people certification.
• We are the leading mental health charity in Norfolk and Waveney, providing services which make a real difference to people’s lives.
• We are a friendly, flexible and supportive employer.
• You will be working in strong partnership with Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust (NSFT), Third Sector organisation, and Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Sector.
• We work to reduce the stigma associated with mental health, support people in their recovery and champion better services for all.
• We believe that with the right support and resources everybody can create a life that feels meaningful to them.
• We are a fast paced and growing organisation, so career progression is open to all
• We are proud to announce that in our most recent staff surveys, the overwhelming majority of our employees are happy to refer others to our organisation, and enjoy our friendly/supportive team environment!
What is REST?
REST is an acronym that stands for Recover, Eat, Support, Talk. REST provide safe spaces for individuals to access support to improve their mental health and work collaboratively to support the community. We have designed REST to be accessible and non-clinical delivered in a Psychologically Informed Environment. We have a number of New REST Hubs now open in Norwich, Aylsham and Thetford. Alongside the Hubs, we host a number of community groups, activities and support sessions so that people can access support in their immediate local community.
For this role, you will be supporting the REST Hubs in Aylsham and Thetford whilst also acting as a link for individuals requiring information about our other services. You will be a key member of team offering a wide range of services to empower people to stay well in their community and at home.
If you have a passion for supporting people in crisis and to recover from mental health ill health, why not come and be part our team!
The post holder will work closely with our REST team across the North & South of the county. You will be responsible for processing referrals to the Aylsham and Thetford Hubs to ensure people have all the information they need to access these locations. You will also play an integral part in assisting individuals contacting us through our general enquiries line to access information about their support. Equipped with information about the organisation and services, you will signpost individuals to relevant services, take and forward queries about services. You will be the central point of contact for information about internal and external services offered by Mind or in partnership with other organisations. You will have the support of an incredibly knowledgeable team and you will never feel alone in supporting our callers.
This is an exciting time to join Mind and become part of a wonderful organisation that delivery varied mental health services for the benefit of the local community. We offer flexible working opportunity and our staff are trained to high standards ensuring you have all the skills and tools you need for work. As an organisation, we are significantly growing and are currently one of the largest “Mind” in the country with more plans of growth over the coming years. This comes with lots of career opportunities for those aspiring to develop their careers in the mental health field.
Among Other Responsibilities You Will:
• Answer calls into the organisation and keep logs according to procedure
• Discuss calls and action points with colleagues or Manager were required
• Ensure information provided to Service Users is accurate and up-to-date.
• Provide emotional support to Service Users as appropriate
• Provide information and advice based on accumulate knowledge in the Charity’s electronic information system; Mind’s fact-sheets and other materials; trusted websites and own experience or research, when necessary.
• Signpost Service Users to appropriate internal and external services according to needs
• Treat all callers with dignity and respect, regardless of the approach taken by the callers.
• Identify own needs for support, including emotional support and use the support resources.
• Pick up and respond to emails sent to the REST address
• Pick up, Triage and assign referrals for the North and South Hubs (Aylsham & Thetford Hubs)
What We Are Looking For:
• Personal lived experience of accessing mental health services and psychological distress and interventions that helped recovery
• Administrative and call handling experience
• Knowledge of Wellbeing Services and pathways.
• Commitment to Norfolk and Waveney Mind’s values.
• Willingness and openness to learn
Should you wish to have a friendly and informal chat about the role, please call Manager Sam Apeh by clicking Call Us.