There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Residential Child Support Worker – Senior Level
PCT Care Services Ltd
Up to£10.25 Per Hour
PCT Care Services Ltd
Closing Date: 31/12/18
About PCT Care Services LTD
PCT Care Services LTD is an organisation based in Wymondham helping families and individuals, adults and young adults in their day to day lives. Joining the PCT team at the North Norfolk Coast means you will be working with 8-18 year old’s in a residential setting between Stalham and North Walsham.
We are looking for confident, dependable people with a positive outlook to join our team to provide a safe and supportive environment for the residents. We like to provide the best care possible in every moment and sometimes this means thinking out of the box. We are looking for people who bring, flair, charisma, hobbies and talents which we can utilise, and a skill set which can be shared. We will use these skills to contribute to the normal development of young people through the provision of a healthy lifestyle. You must be able talk and listen to the young people, be alert to signs of distress and be able to monitor, record and follow up any of these signs.
As part of a residential household we believe you need to treat the home as your own. This may mean making decisions about the upkeep and development of the home and its people. As a Senior you will be able to lead the team in making decisions to create a vibrant and enjoyable household.
Many people say they find the work rewarding. We believe working with people is fun! If you have patience, a passion for people and a positive attitude, then we would love to hear from you.
Senior Support Worker responsibilities
There are 4 main responsibilities associated with the post in achildren’shome:
- Direct work with residents – keyworking, counselling and generally taking an active part in their daily lives on a shift work basis.
- Contact and dialogue with social services personnel and outside agencies who are involved with supporting the residents.
- General – taking responsibility for the welfare of the home with regard to health and safety and primary care issues, as well as making decisions about the individual residents requests and behaviours whilst on shift.
- Administrative work and record keeping associated with keyworking responsibilities and the daily running of the home.
Care is provided 24 hours a day 365 days a year. we can offer full/part time including paid sleeping nights. The main day is 9am-11pm. This could be split and some overnight stays will be required. You can do these in block or spread throughout the week depending on your needs.
Required Education, Skills and Qualificationsto be a Senior Support Worker
- Be 22 years or over
- Hold a full UK drivers license
- Undertake an enhanced DBS check (will be provided)
- Provide references
- Have an in-depth understanding of report writing
- Team leader skills
- Medication dispensing (training provided but previous experience necessary)
- Clear communication and recording skills
- Have a professional manner
- Hold a relevant NVQ and/or experience to backup application
There will be an initial induction program and full training will be provided.
Benefitsof being a Senior Support Worker
- In house and external training opportunities
- To earn NVQ qualifications with regular NVQ assessor visits to support your training.
- Personal development plans to support your strengths and weaknesses and any training opportunities you wish to pursue.
Job Type: Full-time/Part time/Permanent
Salary: £9.25 /hour
Salary: £9.00 to £10.25 /hour
To apply, click here