There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 07/11/21
Registered Service Manager Vacancy
Supported Living – King’s Lynn
Service type: Learning disability support at home
Hourly rate: £28,296 – £30,169
Contract type: Full time
Are you passionate about supporting people to live the life they choose? We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Registered Service Manager in our Supported Living service based in King’s Lynn.
Located in the heart of the community, providing accommodation and support for adults with learning disabilities and other complex needs. Supported Living and Floating Support enables customers to live independently in homes of their own. This support can range from one hour per day to 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. We work with customers to ensure they get the right support designed to build their confidence and enable them to live successfully and happily.
A full time role, 37 hours with a starting salary of £28,296 rising to £30,169 upon completion of successful probation.
This is a Care Quality Commission registered service providing flexible support, ranging from one hour per day to 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
The role is subject to an enhanced with barred lists DBS check and suitable references, and it is essential the role holder has a full UK driving licence and full business insurance to use there vehicle for work.
What does a Registered Service Manager do?
As a Registered Service Manager, you will be required to maintain a registration through CQC and hold a Health and Social Care Level 5 Diploma or working towards this or an equivalent qualification.
The role requires you to work flexibility and to participate in an out-of-hours on-call rota some weekends and evenings. You will lead and direct a team of Team Managers delivering Supported Living services within a geographical area. The role is responsible for ensuring service levels are consistently excellent, and that new business is integrated into the service in accordance with those high standards.
We request the successful applicant is vaccinated against Covid-19 or is medically exempt.
To be successful in the role you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Have a good understanding of regulatory requirements within the care sector including CQC, Local Authority and safeguarding procedures.
- Excellent leadership abilities, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience of being a leader/manager within a health and social care setting.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- Working knowledge of a wide range of systems designed to manage people and services.
Benefits and Recognition
In return for your hard work and passion you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits including:
- 20 days annual leave plus recognised public holidays. Annual leave entitlement rises to 22 days after two years’ service and 25 days after five years’ service.
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training and development.
- 24/7 access to a confidential and independent counselling and information service.
- Award and recognition scheme.
- Colleagues Advisory Board which acts as link between the staff and Independence Matters Board.
- Occupational Health and Musculoskeletal Injury Rehabilitation Service.
- Access to great discounts through Blue Light Card scheme.
- Occupational sick pay after one years’ service.
- Pension provision.
About Independence Matters
Our vision is to be the social care provider of choice. We recruit on values and train on skills. We prioritise the success of our colleagues in everything we do.
Visit our website at: www.independencematters.org.uk
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, send a CV and covering letter by clicking ‘Apply Now’
Please include the name of the role and location of the role you are applying for.
If you would like an informal chat and find out more about the role please call Dawn Saylor, Operations Manager by clicking ‘Call Now’.
End of day 07 November 2021