There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Between £12.01- £15.00 Per Hour
Norfolk County Council
Closing Date: 29/02/24
Permanent contract | Salary starting at £12.59 per hour (£24,294 per annum pro rata) rising to £13.46 per hour (£25,979 per annum pro rata) (Scale E) | A range of part time opportunities from 15 to 36 hours per week are available
Could you give people their confidence back after an illness? If so, we’d love to hear from you – even if you haven’t considered working in Social Care before.
At Norfolk First Response, we help people get back on their feet or regain skills they have lost after an illness or hospital stay, giving them support for up to 6-weeks in their own homes. We help them with daily living activities such as washing, dressing, meal and drink preparation or making sure they take their medication.
To do the job, you need to be empathetic, caring, supportive, understanding with a Full Driving Licence and access to a vehicle to make home visits. If you’re new to Social Care or us, don’t worry as our intensive induction will support you to learn the role. Once you’ve completed that, we’ll also make sure you work to an agreed plan of action with each person, with support from the team.
We can offer shift patterns of 15 to 36 hours per week across Norfolk. We operate a 2-week rota system that helps meet our service needs, whilst helping you maintain a healthy work-life balance. Working individually or with a colleague, our shifts provide morning and evening support to people. So that people get the right support 7 days a week, our teams work alternate weekends.
In addition, besides a whole range of employee benefits and discounts we offer you:
- Time and a third for the weekend hours you work
- Paid time for travelling between carefully planned visits
- Paid business mileage
- Paid training time
- Support gaining your Care Certificate
- A work laptop and mobile phone
- A free DBS check
- Free uniform
- An office base in your area so you can meet with colleagues or your line manager when needed
We have variety of work bases covering all areas in Norfolk as below:
Based in Aylsham, our team covers Fakenham, Cromer, Sheringham, Mundesley, Holt, Taverham, Coltishall, Aylsham, North Walsham, Hoveton, Horning, Acle, Blofield and surrounding areas.
Based in Dereham, our team covers Attleborough, Thetford, Dereham, Watton, Hingham, Harleston, Poringland, Diss, Bungay and surrounding areas.
Based in King’s Lynn our team covers the Fens, Hunstanton, Downham Market, Swaffham and surrounding areas.
Based at Broadland Business Park our team covers Norwich City, Bowthorpe, Hellesdon, Mile Cross, Thorpe, Eaton and Lakenham.
Based in Great Yarmouth our team covers Great Yarmouth, Gorleston, Caister and surrounding areas
We review applications regularly so you need not wait until the closing date to apply.
To apply, please press the Apply Now button at the bottom of the page.
Already a Norfolk County Council employee? See and apply for internal and external vacancies in myOracle using your @norfolk.gov.uk or @nccal.ac.uk email.
These are some benefits you can enjoy by working for Norfolk County Council:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement with the ability to buy and sell leave
- Health and Wellbeing services including fast-track physiotherapy and a free counselling service
- Financial benefits such as:
- ‘Norfolk Rewards’ our employee discounts programme which helps you save money on almost anything, from everyday groceries and clothes, to holidays, new technology, gym membership, trips to the cinema and days out.
- A Blue Light card for Fire Service and Social Care Workers
- An advance of your expenses if you travel for work
- Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution, life assurance, death in service payments and dependants’ pensions.
- A payment if you refer someone you know to a hard to fill job.
- Tax efficient ways of getting extra pension, new bikes and electric cars.