There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Sanctuary Supported Living
Closing Date: 16/08/22
Cabbell Road, Cromer
£10.61 per hour
37.5 hours per week – 3 week rolling rota to include weekends, 8.30am – 6.30pm
Are you looking for an exciting and varied role where no two days are the same? Are you passionate about supporting people? If this sounds like you then we may have your perfect opportunity!
We are seeking an experienced Project Worker to join our team at Cabbell Road where we support clients who are 18+ and experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness. We are looking for supportive and positive people to encourage our clients to develop their skills to live as independently as possible. You may be faced with challenging situations so you will need to be resilient and confident in managing these.
Sanctuary Supported Living is the largest provider of housing related support to single homeless people in Norfolk. The aim of our services is to ensure that our clients achieve their own goals and aspirations through the support and encouragement of our staff, focusing on delivering excellent quality.
Our primary focus is to support clients in a range of areas including finding employment, recovery from addiction and building stability through a range of social activities. A successful outcome is achieved when our clients can move on to suitable long-term accommodation appropriate to their needs.
We provide a comprehensive induction programme as well as on-going training to develop new and existing skills and encourage progression. Sanctuary has their own Learning and Development Academy, who provide a wide range of training courses, open to all. Sanctuary also has a great employee Rewards scheme, where you will be able to receive a variety of discounts from major retailers.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a positive environment with a dedicated team who value the individuals they support and make a difference in people’s lives every day.
The role of Project Worker will include:
- Being responsible for maintaining support plans for our clients so that they can develop the skills needed to live independently
- Keeping client files up to date, including completing daily notes and general administration tasks
- Liaising with other health professionals such as Consultant Psychiatrists, Social Workers and GPs to help understand and support the needs of our clients
- Helping the client with daily tasks such as shopping, cooking, social networking and keeping their living quarters reasonably clean and tidy
Skills and experiences:
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults with a knowledge of the needs and services of our client group
- Ability to demonstrate a positive and accepting approach to clients whatever their needs
- Some knowledge of relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
- NVQ3 in Health & Social Care, or willing to work towards
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft packages and internet communications
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services, floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, people with mental health needs and older people.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- £10.61 per hour
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s ‘Made with Care’ campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living.
Closing Date: 16 August 2022
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.