There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Sanctuary Supported Living
Closing Date: 16/08/22
Project Worker – Homelessness
Cavendish Lodge Homeless Services, Ipswich
£10.61 per hour
37.5 hours per week, including early, late shifts and some weekends and Bank holidays
Are you looking for an exciting and varied role where no two days are the same? Are you passionate about supporting people?
If this sounds like you then we may have your perfect opportunity!
Sanctuary Supported Living is the largest provider of housing related support to single homeless people in Suffolk. The aim of our services is to ensure our clients achieve their own goals and aspirations through the support and encouragement of our staff and focusing on delivering excellent quality.
The primary focus of our services is to support clients in a range of areas including, finding employment, recovery from addiction and building stability through a range of social activities. A successful outcome is achieved when our customers can move on to suitable long-term accommodation appropriate to their needs.
We are seeking a resilient, empathetic and empowering individual to join our team at Ipswich Homeless Services.
Ipswich Homeless Services supports clients across our schemes who are 18+ and experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness. We are looking for supportive, passionate and positive people to empower our clients.
We value our team and encourage learning and progression through our comprehensive induction programme, as well as on-going training to develop new and existing skills and encourage progression. Sanctuary has their own Learning and Development Academy, who provide a wide range of training courses, open to all.
Sanctuary also offers a great employee rewards scheme, where you will be able to receive a variety of discounts from major retailers.
The role of Project Worker will include:
- Supporting our clients to maximise their independence and move forward with their lives
- Assisting with assessing clients’ needs by writing and updating client notes
- Being a first point of call to receive and direct all customer and resident queries
- Developing good relationships with clients, helping them develop life skills
- Working with external agencies such as mental health and drug and alcohol professionals to support clients in accessing specialised support services
- Handling occasional emergency/challenging situations
- Going above and beyond to ensure an excellent service is provided to our clients
- Working as part of a team with occasional lone working
- Some health and safety responsibilities e.g. fire safety checks
Skills and experiences:
- Experience working with vulnerable adults, people with mental health needs or substance misuse
- Experience in support planning, key working, risk assessment and safeguarding
- Previous experience working under challenging circumstances
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use IT systems confidently
- Travel is a requirement of the role, therefore a full valid driving licence is essential
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- £10.61 per hour
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s ‘Made with Care’ campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Closing Date: 16 August 2022
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.