There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Bury St. Edmunds
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Sanctuary Supported Living
Closing Date: 14/08/22
Homelessness Project Worker – Part Time
Bury St Edmunds
£10.61 per hour
22.5 and 30 hours per week – Shifts to cover 7.45am to 3.15pm and 2.45pm to 10.15pm, including weekends
Do you want a role where no two days are the same and you will be making a real impact to the lives of our clients? Are you passionate about supporting people? Can you work under pressure and manage challenging situations?
We are seeking a flexible, resilient, empathetic and experienced Project Worker to join our team in Bury St Edmunds at our exciting new flagship service, run by Sanctuary Supported Living in conjunction with West Suffolk Council to provide next step accommodation for rough sleepers.
We support 11 clients who are 18+ and experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness. We are looking for supportive and positive people to empower our clients. You may be faced with challenging situations daily so you will need to be confident in managing these.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a positive environment with a dedicated team who value the individuals they support and make a difference in people’s lives every day.
We provide a comprehensive induction programme as well as on-going training to develop new and existing skills and encourage progression. Sanctuary has their own Learning and Development Academy, who provide a wide range of training courses, open to all. Sanctuary also has a great employee Rewards scheme, where you will be able to receive a variety of discounts from major retailers.
The role of Homelessness Project Worker will include:
- Supporting our clients to maximise their independence and move forward with their lives
- Assisting with assessing clients’ needs by writing and updating client notes
- Being a first point of call to receive and direct all customer and resident queries
- Developing good relationships with clients, helping them develop life skills
- Working with external agencies such as mental health and drug and alcohol professionals to support clients in accessing specialised support services
- Handling occasional emergency/challenging situations
- Going above and beyond to ensure an excellent service is provided to our clients
- Some health and safety responsibilities e.g. fire safety checks
Skills and experiences:
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults, people with mental health needs or substance misuse
- Prior knowledge of support planning, key working, risk assessment and safeguarding
- Previous experience working under challenging circumstances
- NVQ3 in Health and Social Care, or willing to work towards is essential
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use IT systems confidently
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
- £10.61 per hour
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s ‘Made with Care’ campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Closing Date: 14 August 2022
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.